Eating disorders are becoming increasingly common, especially among women in the Western world where cultural expectations encourage them to be unnaturally thin. These disorders are complex conditions that stem from a combination of long-standing psychological, interpersonal, and social conditions.
Extreme dieting, binging, and purging may begin as a way to help some people cope with painful emotions by giving them a false sense of control, but ultimately these behaviors will in fact damage their sense of control; not to mention their physical health and self-esteem as well.
Many eating disorders can be resistant to traditional treatments, but, due to their psychological nature, they are usually very receptive to hypnotherapy. Breaking down psychological barriers is the key to treating eating disorders, and hypnosis is a proven method for getting you where you need to be. The therapy we provide involves an integration of cognitive-behavior therapy and hypnosis.
We will also help you through some lifestyle changes that will benefit you, as well as those around you. These include:
- Establishing regular eating habits
- Committing to your treatment
- Developing a support system
- Ignoring the urge to relentlessly weigh yourself
Through hypnosis, you will learn to control your own state of awareness. This new understanding will help you change your negative actions and thoughts into positive ones.
Hypnosis can help put an end to your eating disorders by:
- Reducing stress
- Determining the psychological origins of your behavior, so that you can deal with the emotional aspect of your problem
- Breaking the negative behavior pattern and instituting new, positive eating habits and attitudes
- Helping you improve your self-image, self-esteem and self-confidence
- Helping establish a connection between your mind and your body’s natural rhythms
- Giving you back control over your lifestyle and nutrition