Weight Loss Hypnosis: Causes of Diet Failure
Today, there exists hundreds of fad diets and accompanying books, TV shows, merchandise, and so forth.
If you are one of the 55% of Americans trying to lose weight on a regular basis, chances are you have already quit a couple of diets and started even more. The simple truth is many diets just don’t work, but of course they don’t want you to hear that.
Let’s look at some of the key reasons why diets tend to fail more times than they succeed.
• Boredom: Most diets eliminate too many food types and leave you with little choice when it comes to dinner time. Inevitably this leads to boredom and your new diet soon gets pushed to the wayside instead of shrinking your waist-side.
• One size fits all: Most diets ignore the fact that everyone is different. You are an individual with particular food preferences, blood type, and financial and time constraints. An all-encompassing “fad” diet takes none of these factors into account.
• Stress: It turns out that your brain works actively against your efforts to lose weight. Most fad diets leave people more susceptible to the stresses of everyday life, ultimately making dieters yearn for that pint of ice cream or that juicy burger.
Is Hypnosis Safe?
The steps and procedures will be explained to you in detail prior to being hypnotized. Hypnosis and trance are 100% natural and safe — you are always aware of what is going on. There is never a danger of getting ‘stuck’ in a hypnotic state — you remain aware of yourself and your surroundings, and you can voluntarily terminate the trance at any point.
What is Hypnosis Best Used For?
Hypnosis is used to treat patients who have a variety of behavioral and emotional disorders. The following are the major hypnosis treatments Dr. Gluck offers:
● Weight Loss
● Habit Control/Addictions (smoking, alcohol, drugs, and gambling)
● Improve interpersonal skills and self confidence
● Sexual Addiction and Dysfunction
● Stress reduction
● Irritable Bowel Syndrome
● Chronic Sadness
● Eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia, fetish eating, food addiction)
● Dating and relationship skills
Hypnosis NYC and Neuroplasticity
Neuroplasticity is a term used in the field of neuroscience to refer to the ability of the brain and nervous system to change both structurally and functionally as a result of input from the environment. Plasticity can occur at the cellular level which is involved in memory and learning, but also on a larger scale such as with cortical remapping in response to an injury. Neurological research has shown that certain experiences can actually change both the brain’s physical structure (anatomy) and its functional organization (physiology)
Neuroscientists are just beginning to realize that the brain is by no means immutable and that it can and indeed does change in response to our environment and experiences.
How Can Hypnosis Help?
Almost every major event in one’s life is recorded in the mind by means of a learned behavior which occurs in response to whatever may have happened. This means that each time a similar event occurs, physical and emotional reactions remain consistent with the original occurrence. In certain situations, these responses can be unhealthy in the short run, and quite destructive in the long run.
To counteract this potential destructiveness, hypnosis is used to reprogram your mind and your catalog of learned behaviors, separating the memory from the learned behavior and replacing the unhealthy behaviors with newer, healthier ones.